Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Pumpkin Spice Latte

I'm a true lover of fall so excuse me while I revel in highs of 60 degrees, falling leaves and pumpkin spice EVERYTHING! This morning I made my own pumpkin spice latte and I thought if share my recipe with you all. I am lactose intolerant so if you are too, this is a recipe for you! 

Supplies Needed:
Small pot
Espresso maker
Measuring cup
Wooden spoon 
Fall mugs

Ingredients:
Pumpkin Pie Ground Coffee-Marshall's 
4oz Lactose Free Milk
2oz Lactose free hazelnut creamer-trader joes
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
Few dashes Cinnamon
Few dashes Nutmeg
Few dashes Apple Pie Spice or All Spice
Whipped Cream

Brew your espresso (or very very strong brewed coffee) and while you wait, bring 2oz of creamer and 4oz of milk to a boil. Add spices and stir. When the milk boils, turn the heat to Lo, continue to stir occasionally for 5min. 

When your espresso is finished, pour 1/2 cup of espresso into your mug. Pour your 6oz mixture of milk and creamer into the mug. Top with whipped cream, sprinkle cinnamon on top so it looks pretty. Enjoy!

All of my ingredients are ready. *If you've never used Madagascar vanilla extract, get it next time you see it. It really does taste better than the regular kind. I got this one at target or Marshall's I think*

The espresso maker is from Bed Bath and Beyond. We also have a single serve tiny one that's perfect for just one. It takes about 3-5 minutes for perfect yummy espresso. I always cut my coffee bags, store the coffee in mason jars and tuck the lable in the inside of the jar so it stays fresh and I know what kind it is. The picture is just the label so you can find it in Marshall's ☺️

I like a lot of spices in mine so I used a few dashes of each!

This brand is Bialetti and the small one is really cheap. They have more complicated ones but I like to keep it simple.

Hot spices milk and espresso measured and smelling delish.

The sprinkle of cinnamon on top makes it official! 

Happy Fall Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment