Too many times have men put on their nicest suit to go to work, a party, a semi formal function or a formal gala only to ruin it by wearing the wrong shoes! Church Shoes, Work Shoes, ROTC Shoes, Club Shoes and Penny Loafers do not work with a suit and some just don't work. Follow this guide and you'll get it right every time...trust me, women are definitely looking at your shoes :)
DON'T WEAR THESE SHOES TO A PARTY, CLUB, FORMAL, SEMI FORMAL...
(I refuse to put the websites or any other info for these shoes, for fear that someone might try to buy them!)
1. Church Shoes- Please let the gators and crocs live...not that I'm an animal rights advocate, I just need any reason for people to not buy these shoes!
2. Work Shoes- If you wear these shoes to work, you should stop...you should also stop wearing them with a suit to have drinks after 5.
3. ROTC Shoes- Unless you are preparing for military combat or walking a construction site, these steel toe shoes should be left on the shelf.
4. Club Shoes- (sigh) I can't even describe why these elf shoes are wrong...but the fact that they resemble elf wear should be enough.
5. Penny Loafers- I love penny loafers BUT they are a casual shoe and shouldn't be worn with a suit. Wear them with khakis or cuffed jeans for a preppy look.
Do Wear These Shoes With A Suit Wherever You're Going!
You can never go wrong with a great pair of oxfords.
Calvin Klein Gareth II Oxford
2. Wingtip Oxford
I love to see men wearing wingtips at work.
Magnanni 'Bruno' Wingtip Oxford
3. Derby Shoes
Similar to oxfords but they have open lacing.
If you are going to wear a casual suit or you're going to a daytime function, loafers are appropriate.
5. Patent Leather
These shoes should only be worn at formal events with a tuxedo!