LONG POST but with pics so don't hate me!
Ok, here's what I love...
1. Turbans are really just scarves that you wrap around your head. I love scarves = I love turbans
2. Accessories have always been a love of mine. Turbans = accessory = I love turbans
3. I love color and patterns. Turbans come in tons of different pattern and colors = I love turbans
4. I like trying new things with my hair. Wearing a turban on my hair = I love turbans
5. I can be into some trendy things while they're around. Turbans are trendy = I love turbans
I hate turbans because:
1. I don't want to look like I left the house with my wrap scarf on!
That's it, that's the only reason. This hate purely comes from a place of envy, I'm envious of people who look cute wearing them and I think I'll look like I forgot to comb down my hair! This is a target ad and I don't want to look like this. As cute as this outfit is and as pretty as she is, her hair and turban look awful.
So maybe I'll try it out and maybe take pics to see how I look, then I'll stick to the styles that look good on me. EVERYBODY can't wear everything...you have to be honest with yourself and say "Self, that is not cute."
I wear something like this to the pool and the beach every summer...but to me this doesn't count as a turban, I call this a headband. Wait...this may be my chance, I'll start calling them turbans and I'll be on trend!
So this is my favorite way June Ambrose wears hers. It's kind of a faux hawk and looks so chic on her. Realistically, unless I'm fresh from the shower, after washing my hair, I probably won't be wearing this style.
|Check Out The Juniverse for more fab pics of June Ambrose|
Lucky for us, she's got tons of tutorials so you can pic your fav way to wear!
|Here's the original Twitpic from Ebony Mag. This will be in the May issue.|
I will most likely do this type of thing, it's def more me and a look that I think would fit my style.
I will probably make most of my
turbans headbands with old T's that I don't want to wear anymore. If you're like me and you like a good DIY, you can see how easy it would be. If you have no time for making your own or don't trust yourself with a sewing machine :) beauty supply stores have turbans, scarves etc. that you can use. Or, you can buy from June Ambrose's line.
Here are a few of my fav pics from the web, these are styles that I'll def try!
|Fatima from ANTM looks beautiful in her Turban|
|This is an Urban Outfitters Ad|